Happy Sunday everyone, I hope you’re all having a fabulous weekend enjoying the last of this amazing summer weather. So it’s happening i’m finally writing my first post and I felt it was only appropriate to tell y’all a little bit more about myself.( Yes “y’all” excuse my Texas grammar.) I want this blog to be a true representation of who I am. Below are ten things about me that I wanted to share to tell you some of my interest and passions. Theres so much more about me that I hope to share in my future posts, so stay tuned.
Photos by Brandi Gibson
- I snort when i laugh – I honestly don’t remember when or how it started happening but it did. Growing up everyone always used to make fun of my laugh and sometimes wondered if it was fake. I always try not to do it but its just inevitable. I have learned to embrace it and accept the fact that majority of the time people don’t laugh at what i say they just laugh at my laugh and snort.
- I love to dance – I am no professional, but I like to think I know what Im doing. I see it as a fun way to express yourself and a great way to spend a night out with the girls. I love dancing Spanish music like Bachata, Merengue and if I’ve had one too many whiskey cocktails I might just start twerking.
- Im obsessed with Giraffes – I love them so much. They are just the cutest animals ever. They are my favorite part of the zoo’s. Im in love with the print and basically anything that is giraffe related.
- Shopaholic – I have a problem. Since I can remember every trip to the store I was the always trying to fill up the shopping cart. Shoes are my ultimate weakness.
- Prefer tea over coffee – I drink a hot cup of tea almost every morning. I drink it natural I don’t add sweeteners unless I’m sick, I add lemon and honey. If I ever drink coffee its finals week.
- I’m an aunt to three beautiful baby girls – They are the cutest babies ever and they truly are my biggest motivation to be the best role model an aunt I can be for them.
- Fluent in two languages – I speak English and Spanish. Its honestly the biggest blessing ever to have been taught both growing up. Its great being able to communicate with different people.
- I love to cook – I had the best teacher growing up, shout out to my momma Doris! I love you girl. I would rather cook any day over eating take out. I always Pinterest new recipes and try them out. I mainly love cooking healthy recipes, I like staying fit and healthy, but once in awhile i’ll get crazy and make something super yummy and cheesy, I love cheesy.
- Im very blunt – Lets just say I speak my mind and get straight to the point. I am very outspoken and believe in expressing yourself. I won’t deny that this trait of mine has gotten me in trouble a couple times. Oops, sorry not sorry!
- Always trying to improve myself – I love trying new things and making changes in my life that will affect me in a positive way. (I just started getting back into Yoga and i’m beyond excited.) I always try to be the best version of myself. I want to be a role model to my sisters, my nieces and myself. I like to take matters into my own hands and make the change in myself for the better. As I’ve grown into a young women I’ve learned so much from the mistakes I’ve made and continue to look forward.
Now I would love to know something about you. Comment below and share something fun and unique about yourself.
If there is anything else you would like to know about me, ask in the comments below and I’ll answer!
I am so excited to finally launch my blog and hope you all enjoy! I will be posting two times a week.